Saturday 22 March 2008

Music lessons

 id=
I've attended 2 concerts this week which made me proud. Both involved my younger son, in his classical music persona, and I was of course immensely proud of his efforts in both. He played cello in the orchestral one, and sang in the choral other.

But I am also proud to be part of a teaching service that enables young border= people to come together in such a positive and creative way. The standard achieved by the youngsters was outstanding in both contexts. This could not have been achieved without the corresponding quality of teaching staff who instruct technically and inspire aspiration beyond the expectations of all. In particular the music staff at Peebles High School deserve much praise and respect for what they have achieved there over the past 10 years.

I hope also that what we achieve in Music in the Primary sector gives pupils an enthusiasm and basic knowledge that they can take forward to their larger cohort at Secondary School for the inspiring teachers there to build on.

No comments: