Saturday 3 May 2008

Glowing even more faintly

 border=I am becoming increasingly frustrated. My Glow laptop was rebuilt a couple of weeks ago so it could interact with the RM CC3 network at school. To do this I had to back up all the stuff I'd put on it because apparently it was essential that the hard drive was wiped during the process. Now it is driving me bananas!
  • won't install Adobe Reader so I can't read Technologies Experiences and Outcomes document for the launch on Tuesday
  • won't retain iTunes and therefore podcasts. All the songs I've purchased remain on my external hard drive and have to be uploaded everytime.
  • won't play sounds on youtube videos
  • won't play radio 4 because it doesn't want to install Realplayer
  • won't retain Outlook emails - not really a problem because I've swtiched to Googlemail now anyway.
  • can't download clipart
  • Saving anything isn't straightforward.


We were told that if we had this work done, technical support would be available to us, whereas if we didn't, we were on our own so far as support went. Well, I never needed anything more than the support of my ICT literate sons before. Now I need a full time supporter all of my own as I discover more and more things that I can't now do.

The big question is: How on earth will it manage anything useful with Glow? Most of what I will try to tell others about I will prepare at home.

I want it back the way it was...

No comments: