Saturday 20 December 2008

Hakuna matata


Sometimes I just hate this Mum business.

So the last time I heard from Sarah - she's gone to New Zealand, remember - was Tuesday. Since then I've texted her, phoned her, got her voicemail and left a message, and found out by phoning the very helpful NZ flower shop lady that her Christmas parcel was delivered, but left at the door without getting a signature. But I haven't heard from her since Tuesday.

Should I worry? Clearly. I am her mother after all and I'll do that anyway.

Should I do anything about my worry? If so what? I have no other way of getting in touch apart from something quite extreme like the police. It's a very uncomfortable feeling.

Update: I've now phoned the police in Napier as I've still heard nothing from Sarah, and her phone goes straight to voicemail. Just waiting now.'

Further update: She phoned at 5am this morning to say they'd been on a four day hike and got out of signal range before they realised it. She was embarrassed to find they had attracted the attention of the police and consequently their neighbours. Next time she'll tell someone where she's going. Phew!

image: http://www.cambridgegreekcorner.co.uk/productslink.html

No comments: